How to design a workshop myself?
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn!"
All course materials for your Teaming-workshop are available for free on this website!
Of course, you are free to adapt the materials to the specific needs of your team. A team workshop to discuss the team results, as well as the individual results of the team members, takes about 1 full day. Depending on the time available, you can shorten / extend the duration of your team-workshop.
Consider the workshops, scripts, and other documents you find under 'Downloads' as guidelines / help.
How you work with the Team Mirror is entirely up to you. You base these choices on the needs and priorities of your team. It is up to you whether you want use the workshop as we suggest it or if you develop a completely different workshop. It is your responsibility as a facilitator to turn this workshop into a learning experience for the team
Which steps do I take as a facilitator?
If you are not a team member or the team lead of the team you want to coach, we advise you to take the following steps:
- It is a good idea to have an introduction meeting with the team leader first. A guideline for this meeting is available under ‘Downloads’. During this meeting, you can already schedule a date for the team workshop and discuss the location.
- Register yourself as facilitator and create the team. To do so, you need the e-mail addresses of all team members, the date of the workshop, and the deadline to complete the questionnaire. Afterwards, you can send out the questionnaire to the team leader and all team members.
- When the deadline is expired, you will see 3 icons next to your team. You should first press the icon in the middle to generate all reports. The system will need around 8 minutes to generate one report, so you need some time and patience. Afterwards you can download (click left 'Download' icon) and scroll through all reports to prepare your workshop. A standard presentation for the workshop and other course materials can be found under 'Downloads'.
- During your preparation, it is a good idea to meet with the team leader again to finetune the workshop and to get insights in the current situation of the team.
- When the content preparations are finished, you can start preparing the practical set-up. An overview of the needed didactic materials is available at ‘Downloads’.
- Now, it is time to get started with the team during your team workshop. When the team workshop is over, you can take this opportunity to evaluate yourself as a facilitator. An example Evaluation Form is available at ‘Downloads’.